Once your son or daughter has been offered a place at a UK independent school, you will receive a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter. Once received, your child can apply for a Tier 4 (Child) student VISA. There are two steps:
- register for an account
- fill in the application form in English
- pay the visa fee of GBP322.00 online
- pay the immigration healthcare surcharge of GBP150.00
- print out the application form
- book and attend an appointment at a Visa Application Centre
Visa application centre
You’ll need to provide the following documentation (your documents will usually be sent back within 14 days):
- current passport or other valid travel documentation (a page that’s blank on both sides is required for a visa)
- one passport-sized colour photograph for yourself and your child, with names written on the reverse side
- proof that you can support your child and pay for their course – this will vary depending on your circumstances
- proof of parental or other legal guardian consent
- tuberculosis (TB) test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
You child will also need to have their fingerprints and photograph taken in order to get a biometric residence permit (BRP). The BRP must be collected within 10 days of when they said they would arrive in the UK (even if they actually arrive at a later date).
If you would like to learn more about our guardianship services for international students, or you are considering becoming a host family for foreign students, please call our team at Quest Guardians on 01202 882299, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in our host family application form.